Thursday, May 5, 2011

5 things for the 5th day of the 5th month

1. Last night, I finished the book bag I have been working on for a few days now, and then, with the leftover fabric, finished a simpler book bag in 2 hours. I feel accomplished!

2. I still have one more sewing project I am hoping to get done before the weekend! 

3. I haven't even started a book for this month (Unless you count the Amelia Bedelia trio I started and finished within an hour.  I loved those books as a kid!), but I am excited to give The Thornbirds a shot, as well as Jossy Chacko's Madness.

4. I am truly excited to get to hang out with my gals this weekend. (Rachel, Merida, and Merida's sister: Amanda)  We have so much fun together, and we have such great plans for the weekend, that I have been blurting to others about it like a child giving the Christmas countdown!

5. Lucky for me, the 5th day of the 5th month happens to be a Thursday, so I get to cheat and use a joke for my 5th thing!

The Joke
While attending a convention, three psychiatrists decide to take a
walk. 

"People are always coming to us with their guilt and fears,"
one says, "but we have no one to go to with our own problems."
 
"Since we're all professionals," another suggests, "why don't we hear each other out right now?" They agreed this is a good idea. 

The first psychiatrist confesses, "I'm a compulsive shopper and deeply in debt, so I usually overbill my patients as often as I can."

The second admits, "I have a drug problem that's out of control, and I frequently pressure my patients into buying illegal drugs for me." 

The third psychiatrist says, "I know it's wrong, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't keep a secret."


Happy 5th day of the 5th month, and happy Thursday.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!