Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven things for the Eleventh day of the Eleventh month (of the Eleventh year)

1. Last month, I had the Ten things for the Tenth day of the Tenth month ready...and forgot to publish it. Oops.

2. Happy Veterans day. Seems like a strange phrase to say for this sort of holiday. Thanks to my friends, relatives, and strangers who hjave and are serving to protect my home.

3. I get to go to Magic Mountain with my family tomorrow. No roller coasters for me, but I get to go along and enjoy the fun that is my family at a theme park, and take pictures...and hold bags while they ride. Maybe this time I should bring a stroller.

4. It is really murky outside! It looks like Bakersfield tried to be a snow globe, but then at the last minute, forgot that we don't do snow...so it used dirt instead. Ew. Valley fever, anybody?

5. I am 3 weeks into my first class towards teaching credentials, which, somehow means that I am 2/3 of the way through my textbook. I am a stinking reading machine! The class is linguistics: teaching readings/writing, and ESL students.  It's actually a lot of fun.

6. I finally got my new car last month...but then, you've probably already read that blog, so you know. (I'm only up to six things... urg)

7. My friend gave me an orchid. It's really pretty. I forgot it at her house. Right now, my orchid is really pretty at her house. It will probably stay prettier that way.

8. I got a letter from my sweet Abigail in Ghana this week. She got promoted from P3 to P4(grades) this year, she's so clever! She started P1 at age 8, and here she is, 2 years later, all the way up to P4.

9. Somehow, whenever I get to the day number that matches the month number, I always manage to have a blog I was planning to post that day...so I feel like it has a tendency to double up, even if my blog has lain fallow all that time before that day.

10. I am really enjoying following some other people's blogs right now. First, my current favorite is by JD, the woman who has taken a gift package to my Abigail, and my parent's Emmanuel in Ghana. She is currently in Ghana right now. At this very moment, she is off the grid, because she is working at Lake Volta to free child slaves. How great is that?! So, there are no blogs being posted for a few days, but there will be, and she has quite a few blogs posted up until she had to go off the grid a few days ago that are worth reading., You can read JD's blog here.

The second blog, is actually multiple blogs. It is a Compassion Blogging trip. Compassion takes popular bloggers to a country they serve and lets the bloggers dig through records, see where the children live, see what the families have to deal with, and see what Compassion is doing in their communities. It is really great to read, and it is great to see Compassion International's dedication to integrity. You can follow their current blogging trip in Ecuador, as well as past blogging trips here. So, if you were looking for some easily accessible good reading, I have just provided you with HOURS worth.

11. I can't think of much else to share without making it a life story, so I'm just going to share soemthing else I've been appreciating: Johnny Cash.  Specifically a recent song, which is a cover of Nine Inch Nails song Hurt.

And those, blogfriends, are my 11 things for the 11th day of the 11th month (of the 11th year).  Thanks for reading, even though I disappear for long spurts sometimes!

1 comment:

Comments are welcome!