Friday, January 4, 2013

Gluten free: Elephant Bar Update

I have noticed that many people are searching on Google for "Gluten Free Elephant Bar" and they keep finding my old post. Elephant Bar is a place that changes their menu and dishes often, so my old post is out dated.

More recently, the Elephant Bar has placed 2 gluten free options on their regular menu: Fire-Grilled Lemon Garlic Chicken Breast, and Fire-Grilled Rainbow Trout. These are found somewhere near the back of the menu. I had the chicken last time. It was very good. You'll have to ask someone else about the fish, as I really do not like fish.

As they state on their  menu, you should definitely let them know about your sensitivity so that they can take special precautions.

Also, make sure your information is up to date. What is gluten free at the Elephant Bar today (January 4, 2013) may not be gluten free tomorrow, and I am in no way affiliated with Elephant Bar, I don't have the inside track, and I am not a doctor. Make sure you are doing what is best for you.

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing this. I've got a TERRIBLE wheat allergy that has gotten worse lately (I looked like a cartoon character with GIANT puffy lips during the last episode)as well as a newly discovered fin-fish allergy. So.....looks like I'm most likely having chicken tonight when I go to Elephant Bar! I'll check to see if they actually have a gluten free menu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to assist! There's so much out there for us, but half of the time we don't even know it. (Like Disneyland... most GF friendly place EVER! I went there 2x without knowing this fact, smuggling protein bars and picking through meager selections. Turns out, if you go to the Town Hall in Disneyland, there's a detailed list of what you can eat where and who carries gluten free baked goods...now food is almost the highlight of the trip)

      Delete

Comments are welcome!