Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bits and pieces...

Sometimes, there really is very little to blog about within the variety life of the mundane. 

I am still hanging out with two stir crazy, missin'-my-masters pups, who have now taken to running to the front door any time they hear a car drive down the street, just in case.  Yeah, I'm the cool, fun one, but they are tired of disneyland. They want their regular routine back. 

I made blackberry poptarts on Sunday in order to fulfill the valentine's tradition I have with my two youngest siblings, Melody and James, and my almost-sibling(and fellow bridesmaid), Sarah.  Of course, I kept the leftovers for myself, and the leftovers were the lion's share of the poptarts.

The pups and I had some floor quality time as I watched my all time favorite show, Chuck, and my new "got potential" show, Harry's Law, yesterday.  They were so cute and pathetic, all curled up against me, heads draped over my legs.  That Zoe is a blanket thief... and a pillow thief... and a warmth thief, and a snack thief... basically she's got uncontrollably sticky paws! But she's so gosh darned cute.

I need to get to the post office today, and mail off my letter packets to my Compassion kids.  I have had a hard time staying on schedule for the past 3 months. I try to send their packets off in the first week of the month, and I try to send them letters once a month (The theory is that this way pretty much guarantees that whenever there is a letter day, my kids won't leave empty handed).  As it is only the 15th, and not the end of the month, I am slowly but surely working my way back up to the beginning of the month1 Maybe I should start on next month's packet right now.

I need to decide which games we are playing at jr. high night tonight, and make sure I have the proper supplies for it.

Charlie, the Christmas tree, is looking more dead than usual, but maybe there's still some spirit hidden in there somewhere.

The literacy challenge is continuing on track.  However, since I decided to try and knock off my hover book (a Tale of Two Cities) it is going rather slowly...but I will be overjoyed to get rid of it, so that it is no longer haunting me, and then I can read a fun book!

And that, blogfriends, is the collection of bits and pieces of my week so far.

One question:

WHY?!!??!?
I may have lost some faith in my friends' decision making skills. ;-)  This is what happens when you have me house sit: I go through your cupboards and find you dirty little secrets.  Anchovy paste?  So very dirty....shudder...

2 comments:

  1. We watch Chuck and Harry's Law, too... The Defenders is also becoming a favorite. Do you watch White Collar?

    Linda T. from OC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda-
    I haven't seen The Defenders, but I have watched a few episodes of White Collar. It was enjoyable. The problem is, I'm a fickle TV watcher. So long as it is all on Monday night, I can make a following of it, after that, however, the show is lost to me. I have been enjoying the Cape...and I have been rather irritated with CBS about postponing episodes in order to stick their horrible "The Event" in Chuck's slot. It's not a good show, give me back my awesome show.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!