Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quality time with the energizer puppies

Everyone is quite alive!  Whenever I house sit, I tend to always have this unreasonable fear that the moment I turn my back on one of the critters, it will immediately do something crazy, like swallow a refrigerator and die! Then I'll be left to face the consequences of having to explain to the owners that I killed their pet and they need to buy a new refrigerator, all in one sitting.  So, I am quite happy to report that every one is still alive.

My friends are off in Thailand having an awesome adventure, working with a church there.  Part of their group will be meeting up with their Compassion child as well. I think that sounds like a wonderful time!  I hope they are having a wonderful time. In the mean time, I get to hang out in their beautiful house, with their energetic pups.

Meet the dastardly duo:

Riley and Zoe
They are always sweet, innocent angels like this, as long as you are looking directly at them with a pup-eroni treat in your hand.  I am starting to wonder however, if they have phantom-like superpowers.  For example, I let them out in the yard, and glance in on them every 10 or so minutes, and they behaved just fine. See:


I let them in, and notice something:


I'll give you a hint: There is not usually any brown coloration on either of their noses!  They have been out there digging some time between the times I've been glancing out the window.  Phantom-powers, I tell you!

All in all they are good dogs. I had to laugh though when I scolded Zoe for eating out of the wrong dish, and directly after I said, "No." I heard Riley jerk his head, where I turn to find that he had been getting guiltily close to helping me unpack my backpack, which smells so deliciously of cats. Then he realized that he hadn't actually been caught yet, but now I'm looking at him, and so he slinks off with a "Whaaaaat? I wasn't doin' nothin'!"  face.

We're having a good time together, and things seem to be going well. We've had a few walks, shared a few naps.  Everybody's eating, no one is vomiting, all refrigerators are present and accounted for, and everyone is where they ought to be (unless you ask Thunder's opinion of the situation).  The pups do, however, notice certain important people have been gone an awfully long time.( A whole 2 days, in fact)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome!