Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Is this your tilapia, hon?"

I like fish.

No, really, I do.

They're especially great in fish tanks.
My favorite kind of fish are the ones found in huge reef aquariums
I like entertaining songs about fish that aren't really fish
I like sardines in a bowl
Dead fish are awesome for feeding penguins(especially if I'm the penguin on the WiiFit and I'm beating the snot out of Melody's top score)

Beyond these scenarios, however, I really detest fish.  I don't even like the goldfish crackers, let alone fish tacos, fish sticks, tuna, salmon, gafilka, or tilapia. Basically, if it spends a majority of its lifetime swimming, I don't want to eat it.

So, when my friend, who so very kindly allows me to live in a room in her house, looks in the refrigerator and asks, "Is this your tilapia, hun?" it really isn't my fault that I could not stop the shudder fast enough! 

So why this ridiculously long post over the simple fact that I loathe eating fish?  First, because I thought the question was quite entertaining... and second, because I really just wanted some more chances to experiment with posting media in blogs, and I happen have an insane amount of fish pictures on this computer.

Thanks for tolerating my experiments, blogfriends! I'm sure future blogs will be of better quality, maybe.

4 comments:

  1. I know. I nearly got queasy just writing the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I guess you are glad you weren't at our house for dinner last night! Tilapia was on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE fish! Looking at them AND eating them! And by the way, what IS your high penguin score on wii fit? :-)

    Linda T. on OC

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome!